Who I Am
I am a family man from Surrey; I love people, dogs, playing tennis, riding bikes, drinking coffee, having fun and thinking deeply.
I have spent 28 years in a professional career in commercial property. Whilst successful, I have often not felt fully aligned with the outcomes of my work. I regularly sensed there was something else for me, a life purpose, but I could never find what that was. I often felt trapped and that I had no choices.
A simple question led me on a path to discovery. I took time out of each day for myself and started to look inside for answers. It felt to me like waking up and remembering who I was. In doing so, I uncovered things in life that inspired and fulfilled me and my life is changing in many ways. In addition to my property consultancy work, I am now a qualified personal coach, and a mentor and Head of Training for student coaches at Animas School for Coaching. I have also rediscovered a passion for inspiring people through writing and speaking.
My basic philosophy these days is simple
Do what you love
I know from personal experience that achieving these three things can fee like a distant or impossible dream. It took me nearly 28 years to gain the courage to admit to myself this was no longer good enough! I also now know that change is always possible and may be closer than you think.
As a coach, I am dedicated to helping re-introduce people to their real and authentic selves and allowing them to rediscover what it is about life that they love. It is never too late to find freedom, purpose and fulfilment and wake up each day with excitement and anticipation.
What I Do
My work will facilitate your change. Ask yourself
- are you finding yourself stuck?
- do you sense deep down there is something more for you in life, something you would love and be aligned to, but can never find what it is?
- have you forgotten what it is to be you?
- are you ready for change?
If so, then I can help you.
As your coach, my work with you will include:
- creating a collaborative space like no other you have in your life. It will be a space of empathy and authenticity, honesty and humour, support and sharing, challenge and change and acceptance and compassion. It will be a space where magic happens
- clarifying what is important to you and what you believe
- helping you to discover greater purpose, inspiration, fulfilment and motivation in all areas of your life
- uncovering what is holding you back
- giving you the confidence, courage and clarity to take the steps necessary to achieve what you desire
If any of the above speaks to you and if you are ready to be honest, reflect deeply and take action to get the life you really want, then the next step is actually very straightforward. Give me a call or send me a message and let's get a time for a consultation in the diary and see where it takes us.
I trained and qualified with Animas Centre for Coaching (Diploma in Personal Transformation Coaching), recognised by the International Coach Federation and the Association for Coaching.
I am an Associate Certified Coach with the ICF.
I am a qualified Coach Supervisor.
I have further training certificates in Group and Existential Coaching specialisms.
"Marcus's greatest strengths are his empathy, his exceptional kindness and his great ability to listen without judging" Charlotte M
"Marcus put me at ease right away and created a very warm, relaxing and open environment in which I felt able to explore any issue I wanted. I felt I was always being listened to with genuine sincerity and never had any concerns about being judged regardless of the sensitive nature of the subject matter. Allied to some pertinent open questions from Marcus I felt I had the time and space to explore my concerns by looking deep within to try to discover the best way forward for me" Kevin B